Chronic pain can be regarded as one of the most nightmare experience a person can have, and one will be surprised to know women suffer more from chronic pain than a man. In this blog, we will talk about seven chronic illnesses which can make the life of a woman way worse than it previously was.
- Coccydynia: It is one of those illnesses which are unheard of in our daily life. It is related to the tailbone of our spinal cord and often gives a hell of an experience to a person. The cause of such pain mostly contributes due to some injury to the tailbone.
- Degenerative spondylolisthesis: The cause of such pain happens due to the forward movement of one lumbar vertebra over the other leading to severe distress among both men and women. The symptoms of the disease include problems like constant aching of the leg or numbness and failure to walk or stand for a long time continuously.
- Fibromyalgia causes widespread pain and fatigue: Fibromyalgia is a rheumatic condition where pain mostly originates in areas called tender points. People who have fibromyalgia are the victim of intense pain in the upper and lower back, neck, and hips. It commonly found among women and statistically found that 90% of victims of this disease are women in the age group of 40 and 75.
- Piriformis Syndrome can mimic sciatica pain: The particular muscle in question helps to stabilize the hip joint and makes movements like walking and rotation of the thigh possible. The chronic pain originates when the piriformis spasms and pushes against or aggravates the sciatic nerves.
- Stiffness, Pain Common in Spinal Osteoarthritis: When we talk about osteoarthritis, we commonly draw a picture that it is related to aching knees or hips, but a layperson will be surprised to know that our back is not exempted from the pain as well. It is one of the most painful degenerative diseases that cause breaking of fibrous cartilages at a point where the vertebrae connect.
- Sacroiliac Joint dysfunction: The particular joint called Sacroiliac acts as a shock absorber between a person’s upper body and pelvis. If something goes wrong with the pain, it can lead to excruciating pain and the name of the illness is known as sacroiliac joint dysfunction.
- Compression fractures tied to osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is one of the most commonly found bone disorder found in women in their 40s. The disease affects the bone by thinning it to a point where it breaks very easily. The breaking of bone due to this reason is known as a compression fracture.
Book an appointment – https://jbchrpl.com/orthopedic-doctor-saltlake-kolkata/