Do you have serious shoulder pain? The pain is controlling your movement and mobility. If the answer is yes! Then you may have shoulder arthroscopy. If you decide to do arthroscopy surgeries to reduce the massive shoulder pain? Before the surgery, you should confirm the facts.
What is the shoulder arthroscopy?
Shoulder arthroscopy is also known as shoulder scope. In this procedure, an arthroscopy surgeon diagnoses and treats varieties of shoulder issues by using an arthroscope (a small camera). By using the small camera the surgeon can do very small incisions. For these small incisions, you may feel less pain and you need shorter recovery time.
The questions you should ask your surgeon before the arthroscopy surgery –
- Is surgery is the ultimate option to reduce shoulder pain?
- Are there any similar alternatives that can give the long-term result in pain reduction?
- How long the surgery procedures take?
- The recovery estimation time after the surgery.
- Are there any complications related to the surgery?
- Will you need any physical therapy for the recovery? If there is any need then how long you should need this?
- How much time do you need to return to your daily life?
- Will you able to drive after the surgery?
- How much pain will you feel after the surgery?
- Before the surgery when you need to stop to take your medicines.
- When will you be able to return to your corporate world?
- What are the limitations you should follow for the surgery before and after?
These are some basic but important things you should know from your surgeon before you go for the surgery. It is important to understand the difference between reality and expectations. This is a good idea to know all the answers to these questions.
Book an appointment at Best Orthopedic Doctor in Kolkata